Growth Assignment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Wyndi Anderson

Buidling A Culture of Respect & Trust - Page 2 Empty Re: Buidling A Culture of Respect & Trust

Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:57 pm
1.) What specific step(s) did you take to improve the workplace culture this past month?
Began giving out more "Caught in the Act" forms for staff who were following through on a specific task I needed done - progress notes.

2.)What was successful about the action you took? How do you know?
The amount of progress notes done increased after the first time I gave out "Caught in the Act" forms.

3.) What did you find challenging about taking this action(s)?
It takes a while to do the form, and it's hard to catch everyone who earned one when they don't come to meetings.

4.)What was the reaction of your staff/team?
They seemed really shocked and surprised.

5.) What is your plan going forward to sustain these efforts?
I'm doing it for every Staff Meeting. I want to get the electronic version of the form so I can type them up and it will take less time.
Wyndi Anderson

Buidling A Culture of Respect & Trust - Page 2 Empty Re: Buidling A Culture of Respect & Trust

Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:01 pm
Ha wrote:5. What is your plan going forward to sustain these efforts?
Making a genuine effort to write structured times for home visits into my planner. Once something hits the planner, barring extraordinary circumstances, it generally gets done!

I love the idea of scheduling specific times for things, but I find when I do too much of that I often end up missing a few things. What do you do to stay timely when there are a lot of things you have scheduled to do in a row?
Wyndi Anderson

Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:03 pm
njust1 wrote:1.) What specific step(s) did you take to improve the workplace culture this past month?  
I made a conscious effort to stop and really listen to staff when they needed to talk to me, regardless of how busy I was.

2.)What was successful about the action you took? How do you know?
The staff felt appreciated and valued.  I felt good about being present for them.  The staff thanked me for listening and said they appreciated me taking the time to do so.  We both walked away with smiles.

3.) What did you find challenging about taking this action(s)?
Being able to completely drop what I was in the middle of for an unknown amount of time. 

I think it's the unknown amount of time I find the most challenging with this, too. When you do multiple things at once it can feel like you're getting more done, but I think ultimately the quality of each thing suffers. However, when you have a lot coming at you at once, it's hard to remember how important focusing is.
atamkun

Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:46 pm
Admin, this is a great idea. We set aside time in our SLS meeting each week for caught in the acts and it's been great to have that structured time to do it. Smile
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum